Thursday 1 March 2007

The mind of a four year old - Pregnancy

The following conversation happened at the dinner table on Monday.

LEAH: Mum, when you eat your food I can see your tummy get fatter.
KATIE: (chuckles) Really?!
ALAN: Leah, what happens when you eat your food?
[Leah gives Alan a steady look... Alan continues]
Does your tummy get fatter?
LEAH: Of course not.
ALAN: Why not?
[Leah gives Alan a look, while raising her eyebrow which says "don't you know anything?"]
LEAH: I haven't got a baby in my tummy!

This also reminded me of the day I told the girls that Katie was expecting - and that she was feeling quite ill. I said that when we got home Katie might be asleep, and that they could talk to her in the morning.
Well Katie was awake - and Leah wanted to see the baby right now... or in the morning.

It is slowly getting nearing to having a new baby with us... all we see at the moment is feet and elbows sticking out of Katie's sides.

The pregnancy is not very much fun - Katie even said she is looking forward to the Labour!

No comments: