Sunday 25 February 2007

Amber's Baptism

Amber had been looking forward to her Baptism for quite a long time, but as the day came nearer she was concerned about all the invitations that had been sent out. She can be very shy at times, and the Baptism was no exception. She did not want any photos, but we did manage to get a few.

The talks were great - Amber listened to her Granny, Nan & Aunt Jenny as they were talking to her. When she came down into the font, and it was just Amber and I with Mummy on the steps , all the nervousness seemed to have gone. She was wearing the same dress that her cousins wore when they were baptised, she also wore a calm smile (not the giggly/cheeky smile that makes you smile right back, but the kind of smile that tells you she is thinking, a smile that makes her look older than her years).
I have baptised quite a few people, but this was only the second time I had performed the ordinance for an eight year old. My bother Matthew was waiting for me to baptise him when I returned from California after serving as a missionary. But this was a first... my own daughter, now a baptised member of the church. I'm so proud of her, and the example she is to her younger sister. Leah wants to be just like Amber, and do all the things that she does.
Leah is now eager to countdown until her 8th Birthday (less than 3 Years and 3 months to go).

1 comment:

Helen said...

It was great to be at Amber's baptism, it really made me think about my own. Thanks for letting us be there Amber! I really like the collage of photos!